Advanced Algebra Prep
Master Algebra 1 and Be Prepared for what comes next!!!
As a high school math teacher with 15 years of experience, I can tell you that there are 25 essential Algebra skills that students need mastered. The sooner those skills are fully understand, the faster new concepts can be built upon them. Think of it this way ... if you were building a house and the foundation was poor yet we still built on top of that foundation, how long would it take for the entire house to come crumbling down? 3 months? A year? 2 years? Advanced Algebra Prep targets the concepts needed for mathematical fluency beyond Algebra. If not this course, do something. Not fixing the root problem will make things unimaginably more difficult. Remember... if you're a parent, your child will not volunteer to do this program. It is your job to find a way to get them math motivated. The benefits are endless and will save you time, frustration, and $$$ moving forward!!!
When should a student take Advanced Algebra Prep?
- If advanced, the summer before Algebra 1.
- If really struggling, the summer after Algebra 1 AND the summer before Algebra 2.
- The summer before Algebra 2 or Honors Algebra 2.
- If Algebra 2 was a struggle, the summer before Pre-Calculus.
- At least one month before reviewing for a college math placement exam.
- If there's a time gap with no math before college, at least one month before taking a College Algebra class.
How does it work?
- The 25 skills outlined in this program are the essential concepts needed for success beyond Algebra 1. While a course in Algebra 1 contains material for an entire year when taken in school, not all concepts are needed for success beyond Algebra 1. Advanced Algebra Prep focuses on the core standards.
- Each skill has a Video Lesson Introduction, Video Lesson Examples (the lesson examples should be done first by the student if possible), a Lesson Worksheet w/Answers, and a Lesson Quiz w/Answers. After every 5 skills there's also a Cumulative Quiz as well as a Final Exam at the end of the course.
- Does the student already a lesson nailed down? Take the Lesson Quiz first. If the student gets 100% on the Lesson Quiz before the lesson, simply move on to the next skill. This is designed to be self-paced and target the weakest areas.
- This course has been setup to be as rigorous as Algebra 2 will be. The type of material that is being used is the same type of material I use in my everyday classroom. The other part of the problem is many students aren't used to the workload that comes with an upper level math class. " Advanced Algebra Prep" is key to improving both skills and work ethic.
- I am the instructor through the entire course. There's no searching the internet for videos and topics that vary from lecture to lecture. Everything is organized and ready to go. Still need help? Need more practice? Need more video examples? Let me know and I will upload what you need! I'm always here for motivated students.
- Have a big trip or vacation planned? Take the course to go. Once the course has been purchased, download the "Teachable" app and login to your course. Advanced Algebra Prep is optimized for mobile use!
As a math teacher with over a decade of teaching experience, my motto is "Be Prepared!" The process for learning math is no different than playing a sport, learning a language, or playing an instrument. The big difference is every student is required to complete the basic requirements.
I've always felt I could contribute more to education than just with the students I teach. This is why I've set out to create curriculum to prepare students for their next class. As the son of a math teacher, I learned at a young age how valuable being prepared is. My most frustrating and apprehensive moments in school were those days in which I knew I was unprepared. Let me guide you through the journey of "BEING PREPARED!!!"